Old 15-04-2006, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Wood & Bark Chippings

India-Aslan wrote:
Thanks Jenny, I thought that would be the case but I just wanted to
check before I arranged the delivery:-). Are there any types of trees
that shouldn't be used for chippings or am I confusing this with the
fact that certain things can't be used for compost - I am not a very
experienced gardener I'm afraid!

Chippings take nitrogen from the soil. As it breaks down, it returns
it to the soil but takes its time in doing so. This may not be good
for your purposes. I would suggest that you make sure anything you are
offered is well rotted before you use it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk