Old 14-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Shiltsy

Default Evergreen shrub winter sunburn

I have about a dozen various evergreen shrubs and two dozen Colorado
Blue Spruce saplings that receive full sun all winter. A few weeks
ago, I noticed that the yews and saplings were all yellowing on the
tips and not looking real healthy. I trekked out in the below zero
temps and covered them ALL with burlap to help them through the rest
of the winter.

Is there anything else I can do to mitigate the effects of the sun and
more cold temps that we may get hit with? At this point, I'm just
planning to give them a good drink and remove the burlap as soon as
the frost comes up.

In the future, I'll try to give them even more water in the fall, but
right now I'm just hoping that they make it to see another fall! :-|

- Shiltsy