Old 16-04-2006, 02:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

Default Bloated bream may need your help

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:40:05 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:

I think we need to put this fish to sleep. Is there a recommended way of
doing this? Isolating and then adding a chemical to put it to sleep without
pain? Don't want to throw it in the bin gasping for air?
Haymish

There is Finquel, Clove of Oil, or bagging and freezing. Personally, if the
fish is large enough, I think the quickest dead is to whack them on the
head like a trout (if you're experienced at doing this). ~ jan

One of my aquarium books recommends throwing the fish forcefully on
the floor. I guess you need to hope and pray that the first hit does
the job. Can't remember what book that was in, I remember that I was a
little surprised to find this advice in an otherwise well written
book.

-- Mister Gardener