Old 14-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Favorite Magazine

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:36:04 -0500, Gary Woods
wrote:

I'll second that, sort of. I was a Mother subscriber (Earth, not Jones;
that was my wife) eons ago, and recently returned. It is filled with what
I consider snake oil ads, which I expect for something alternative... but
good stuff too. I grew some edamame soybeans last summer because of them,
and let most of the mature for seed, so should have lots this year, which
makes vegetarian daughter very happy.
I also re-enlisted with OG after some years' absence. The jury's still
out, but I _think_ it's worth it.
My absolute favorite is "Greenprints," which isn't really about how-to at
all; it's about gardeners. Neat little mag; thank's Pat!

14 degrees on the porch; they're promising above freezing for the weekend.

10 here this morning. We're supposed to have 50s this
weekend.

Usenet is uncanny and this is one of its more uncanny days.
I'd never heard of 'Greenprints' before I read Gary's
message (the Pat he's thanking must be another Pat, not me).

I'd ordered a min-max thermometer and rain gauge from
Johnny's Selected Seeds, and about ten minutes after I read
the above posting, the mail-lady honked her horn (which
means we have a package so we run out to get it) and my
Johnny's order had arrived.

Guess what's in the order: an advertisement for
'Greenprints'.

Pat
--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY