Old 16-04-2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmiOmlet

Default cabbage flowering - problem?

In article .com,
"splendor77" wrote:

a few red cabbages survived the new jersey winter and are already
growing fast. they had long shoots with buds which hadn't flowered yet,
which I cut off. will I still be able to get cabbage heads?

I don't see why not. :-)
It's not like they turn toxic or anything, but they may be a bit bitter.
Break off a little bit of leaf and try it raw to see.

I have the same problem with basil. I cut off the flower buds so I can
continue to harvest it.
--
Peace!
Om

"My mother nevers saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch."
- Jack Nicholson