Old 16-04-2006, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default Phragmipedium Problem

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:26:24 -0400, Steve wrote:

Hi Charles,
Is this disease killing parts of the leaves or are the leaves changing
color but staying alive?
If you were to cut off all the bad looking parts, would there be
anything left of the worst plants?

Steve

Charles -
Are these plants growing well with yellow-green leaves or not growing
well and showing sick yellow leaves?

Could these plants be in a location where the sun sneaks around your
shading and they are getting more sun than you think?

I would move them in away from the glass a bit to check for an
over-exposed problem. If it is extra sun, they may be able to take it
with more food or it may be that they are just stressed too much and
need relief.

Our feeding styles are all personal balance between sun and water
along with feeding. This trio needs to be properly balanced in each
gh and is not necessarily the same from grower to grower. It is very
dependent on the sun and temp. in your growing space. After all our
plants can be stressed just as we can.