Old 16-04-2006, 07:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Default Bloated bream may need your help

~ janj wrote:
The differences of opinion out there on the net are amazing! :-) That's
why I have the small tank where they can pass away naturally in a pleasant
environment. I wont kill them because I have no way to judge what is and
isn't painless for them.

I'm sure if they're sick/dying they aren't happy/comfortable isolated in a
small tank. If one wants painless, buy some Finquel. That is what we use to
sedate and do surgery on fish. ~ jan

I would guess that depends on the size of the fish....with smaller fish
I have been known to put them in a tank on their own and let them drift
off quietly....if they are very distressed I do the alcohol thing...and
sometimes I just leave them in situ....

Gill