Old 16-04-2006, 03:51 PM posted to austin.gardening
J Kolenovsky

Default New garden

Hey, looks like you got a good thread going on this topic. You said,
"Most of the native fauna is flowering right now.". Did you mean "Flora"
which stands for plants? I don't think I've ever seen an "animal"
flower. At least not from my parts.

J. Kolenovsky
TCNP

Jonny wrote:
For most general vegetable gardening, get beyond the last frost and haul in
the veggies before the worst of heat gets here. Tomatoes, okra, and
jalopenoes will be okay to continue.

Grow some heat tolerant flowers to attract the bees/butterflies/whatever to
pollenate your veggie flowers.

Few posts, yep. Followed this group for over 3 months. Don't understand it
myself. I'm in Wimberley, TX. Half the folks in the area are Houston
retired folks.

Most of the native fauna is flowering right now. Getting ready for the
summer dormancy period due to heat and lack of precipitation..