Old 16-04-2006, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
India-Aslan

Default Wood & Bark Chippings

Maybe the wood chippings aren't such a good idea after all :-(
Nothings ever easy is it!! Just to get this straight.... I have bark
chippings around plants in my garden at home so why is it OK to put the
bark chippings that you buy in the garden centre around your plants but
it is NOT OK to put wood chippings around them. Is it that vegetables
are more nitrogen greedy than other plants or is it to do with the bark
chippings being rotted down already? I'm sorry if I'm being a bit dense
here. Thanks. India