Old 17-04-2006, 12:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kate

Default stray cats--a problem

A live animal trap baited with tuna.
Then take them to the shelter.
It takes time, and nerve but eventually you can catch them.

A copupleof things, catss will hunt for you, catchyour rodents and such but
I do understand the thing with cat droppings.

I have two of the beasts, but I live in a VERY remote area, and they have
many acres to patrol.
They keep the burrowing pests (moles, voles, squirrels, rabbits and so on)
from from devouring the place.

Kate

"xim xim" wrote in message
:
:
:
: what's a good way to deter strays cats
: from coming on your property
:
: there're about 6/7 strays that cut across the
: back of my yard all day long it's back and
: forth
:
: i can't fence the backyard in because the
: senior community i live in doesn't permit
: fences and the towns' animal control people
: won't round up the strays not unless they
: are injured
:
: i have cat droppings all over the back i've
: even found droppings on one roof corner
: and in the rain gutter
:
: any suggestions would be most welcomed
:
: thanks
: