Old 17-04-2006, 12:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather

Default citrus trees losing leaves

Matt,

No - DON"T use Lebaycid - I thought that was what you might be using -
especially when you mentioned fruit fly spray. Lebaycid /Fruit Fly Killer
will make the leaves drop off the lime tree for sure and the lemon if it is
Meyer - Rogor spray will do the same .

You shouldn't have too much trouble with fruitfly in citrus that far South -
but you may get leaf miner - little grubs within the leaves - make silvery
trails and distort the leaves. If I can get the system to accept a photo,
I'll post one that shows a leaf miner attack.

If this is a part of the problem, best thing is spray with White Oil every
couple of weeks from late Jan until new growth stops in Apr- May. Also
don't fertilize from the end of Dec until about Aug - that reduces the
amount of new growth during the period when leaf miners are active.

Another thought - how exposed to wind are your trees - citrus aren't that
keen on wind.

"matt_y39" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Geoff, I'll go to my local nursery and get some Lebaycid i'm a
pretty average gardener but i'm learning. cheers Matt