Old 17-04-2006, 02:49 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jim Marrs

Default New garden

The temperature thing is especially true for bell type peppers. By stunt, I
mean they will just sit and not really grow for 10- 20 days. I have observed
this behavior several times and especially if the temp falls below 45. I
like 50 degrees just to be on the safe side.

Have fun

Jim

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:28:45 GMT, "Jim Marrs"
wrote:

Well, I am getting my vegetable garden just about in. I will be setting
my
bell peppers out this weekend. Convinced that morning temps will not fall
below 50 degrees. Don't want my peppers stunted at all. I have cucumbers
up
and growing , got my pinto beans in and all of my tomatoes. Just can't
hardly wait for all the fresh abundance in about another month or so. How
are the rest of you progressing? This is the best time of year for
gardening
, but so few posts. Just wondering.

Cheers

JEM

Actually, the best time to vegetable garden is in the fall. I never
heard temps under 50 could stunt growth of peppers. That's funny!

I'm going to put my tomatoes in over the weekend, but I bought plants
this time to get a head start. I am also growing watermelon this year
and can hardly wait to eat my own juicy melon rather than whatever
crap they sell at the store for six dollars a piece.