Old 16-04-2006, 11:28 PM posted to sci.bio.botany,alt.religion.kibology
Otto Bahn

Default Why blue light affects vegetation growth.

"Mark Fergerson" wrote

Hi,
My name is Shaniya and I am a Year 10 student at Alfriston College.
I was wondering if you could tell me exactly why blue light has an
effect on vegetation plants.
Any other information relating to this would be helpful.
This research is for my science project.
The answer to this would be highly appreciated.

Blue light has a shorter frequency than red or green and
thus has more energy. I.e.., it works better.

Ah, "works better" at doing what exactly though, huh?

Penetration. Any light that misses chloroplasts on one
side of the leave are likely to hit the backside of the
chloroplasts on the other side. Red tends to get absorbed
inside the leaf. Green doesn't penetrate at all.

--oTTo--