Old 17-04-2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default dandelions, grass, and tulips

wrote in message
oups.com...
I agree that the old method of hard work and elbow grease applies when
controlling grass and dandelions. Disrupting the roots and keeping the
beds clean on a regular basis works for me. I also edge and re-edge
around the beds periodically to keep the invaders at bay. Mulching
with a partially rotted compost helps keep the beds healthy and clean

Right. And, another reason not to dump herbicides all over the place: There
are times when working without gloves is the most effective way to plant,
weed, and move plants. None of these chemicals will ever be proven safe. Who
wants that crap on their skin?