Old 17-04-2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

Default Underwater Light

"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message
Do you have any idea on how to make one from a halogen bulb. What do I
encase it with to keep the water out ?

I assume you mean the kind of headlamp bulbs they use in modern cars. Bulbs
like an 9006, or H7.
I've contemplated the same thing, There are 2 problems, 1 connecting the
bulb to the power supply. I suppose you could get a bulb connector from a
junkyard. Next is sealing the bulb and connections in something that can
withstand the heat.

Maybe an upside down glass mason jar? Or making a cube out of 6 glass
blocks.

Perhaps an MR16 bulb would be easier. The kind that's often used in track
lights

This is why I prefer the sealed bulb, it's already in a water tight housing,
has a built-in reflector and good light pattern.