Old 17-04-2006, 06:23 PM posted to austin.gardening
jOhN

Default New garden

snip
bitterness of the small peppers, tepins & pequins.

It's not too late for okra; it's the only thing I've found that truly
thrives in our August heat. Beautiful cream colored hibiscus looking
flowers (they're related), and you can't kill them with a baseball bat.

--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Oh no, thanks to that last comment we'll soon see another Saturday night
wasted on the Sci-Fi Channel - Bio-engineered Hibiscus esculentus gone
berserk and sliming those silly human pests ;-)

"When we got there, sheriff, the Parkins family was completely gumbo'd.
However, they needed a bit more salt to my taste."