Old 17-04-2006, 06:51 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris

Default New garden

"Cindy" wrote in message
news
jOhN typed:
snip
bitterness of the small peppers, tepins & pequins.

It's not too late for okra; it's the only thing I've found that
truly thrives in our August heat. Beautiful cream colored
hibiscus looking flowers (they're related), and you can't kill
them with a baseball bat.
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Oh no, thanks to that last comment we'll soon see another Saturday
night wasted on the Sci-Fi Channel - Bio-engineered Hibiscus
esculentus gone berserk and sliming those silly human pests ;-)

"When we got there, sheriff, the Parkins family was completely
gumbo'd. However, they needed a bit more salt to my taste."

*snicker* I'm going to grow some just for the flowers.
Cindy

Sure, snicker away. "We had to dig her out from under the most peculiar
things I ever saw. I don't know what they are, I never saw them before.
They looked like great big seed pods." Don't say you weren't warned.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX