Old 18-04-2006, 04:33 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default First waterlily bloom!

"Peter Smith" wrote in message
How do you buy such a lily?
Is it in a box, dry?
I have a Wal-Mart here and would like to get one : )

==================
They have them different ways. Sometimes in bags of damp stuff and
sometimes in boxes. Check to make sure they're not dried up and dead or
moldy and dying. They will refund your money if it dies. Every year they
have water lilies but this was the only mini I ever saw them carry - that
was 3 years ago. This year they have pathetic "cuttings" that have roots
about 1/2" long. Most looked about dead. Yes I open the packages and LOOK
before I buy. These are the worst I've seen them carry, but bought 3
anyway. I accidentally gave away my red and my pink lily last year so had
to replace them.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.