Old 18-04-2006, 03:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Philip Lewis

Default dandelions, grass, and tulips

wrote in message
I'm looking for a way to kill or prevent grass and dandelions, but not
harm other flowers (mostly tulips). So far I've used wood-chip mulch:

We're in the same situation. Lots of naturalized bulbs and wanting to
make the entire area a flowerbed... Don't know if I can safely used a
broadleaf killer for Plantago major and lanceolata, and the good old
dandylions.

We've (HA!--- *I've*) been pulling, trying to avoid the crocus which
are no longer in bloom. We also use mulch: chopped leaves, bark chips
and living mulch: Sedum acre Golden Stonecrop... which spreads
rapidly and is easy to pull aside.

I suppose i could paintbrush roundup on the broadleaf plants if I were
careful. The tough ones are always near the bulbs... because you
cannot dig out the roots as easily.

--
May no harm befall you,
flip