Old 18-04-2006, 11:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Alan Illeman

Default stray cats--a problem

"The Addison's" wrote in message ...

"Alan Illeman" wrote in message

"xim xim" wrote in message

what's a good way to deter strays cats
from coming on your property

there're about 6/7 strays that cut across the
back of my yard all day long it's back and
forth

i can't fence the backyard in because the
senior community i live in doesn't permit
fences and the towns' animal control people
won't round up the strays not unless they
are injured

i have cat droppings all over the back i've
even found droppings on one roof corner
and in the rain gutter

any suggestions would be most welcomed

thanks

How do you know they are strays? Maybe they just belong to
others in your community and if so, getting the animal control
people involved will really upset these other owners. I suggest
you contact the other people in your community to see if they
own cats and allow them to roam freely. Cats roam free in our
neighbourhood and if I didn't like them I'd move into an apartment.

It is the responsibility of the owner to pick up after their animals(s).

True - we have a public "stoop and scoop" policy here, for dogs, on
public land.

Cats on the other hand dig a hole, do their stuff, and then bury it.

have 2 dogs and a cat. I've never just let them run loose. I don't care if
you say a cat is a member of the "big cat" family and should be allowed to
run free. That's a pretty lousy excuse for not policing your animal. That's
what litter boxes are made for. If you're too lazy to clean out a litter
box, then you don't deserve to have a cat. Someone else's lawn, plants, etc.
should not have to pay for someone else's laziness.