Old 18-04-2006, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Saxman

Default Homebase Ripoff?

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:01:16 +0100, michael adams wrote:

Beefeater, if thats what you're talking about, are currently
£3.25 on Sutton's own website.

http://www.suttons-seeds.co.uk/

Sorry I can't leave individual links as the prices are in frames
on the page.

Homebase were right, but I still think it is expensive for tomato seed. An
old colleague of mine used to tell me to go to any sewage works around
springtime where one can find lots of different tomato plants. (The seed
does not break down in the gut).

I did hear a radio program about shifting sands/silt around our coastline
and tomato seeds were a valuable tracing source for movements owing to
their indestructibility.