Old 18-04-2006, 06:29 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default Wood Chipper Repair - Where?

On 2006-04-14, Derek Mark Edding wrote:
Hi Folks,

We received a used Troybuilt wood chipper as a gift six or so years ago.
When I tried to start it, it wouldn't.

A local small gas engine repair place in Cary quoted me nearly $300 to
fix it. That's over 1/3 of what the machine cost new.

I tried a shotgun approach instead, and replaced about $80 worth of
parts including the carburetor. It ran. Woohoo!

Unfortunately, I stored the machine under the house and forgot about it
for four years. I took it out last year and tried to start it - no
luck. There's spark, but no catch. It drips gasoline from a tiny hole
on the bottom of the carburetor.

Yes, I screwed up.

So what's a decent place to take this thing and get it fixed, that won't
charge an entire boat payment? Somewhere near Cary & Raleigh would work
best.

Burke Brothers Hardware near the fairgrounds has an independent repair
person on site. Cary Mower and Saw fixed my chipper for $60 to clean
the carb. Stevens Hardware in Fuquay also. I have had all do work and
felt like I was treated fairly.

I would be curious to know where you took yours.
Thanks!

-dreq

is a garbage address.