Old 18-04-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Need help identifying plants please

"androo" wrote:
6) Could be Sarcococca. Has it got any little black berries on it at
the mo? It's hard to tell from the picture.

No, not at the moment at any rate.

Looking at the large size pic I've changed my mind for that one (sorry,
lol). The leaves have a slightly toothed edge and I think Rupert is
probably right with a Camellia. It has some nicely promising buds
whatever it is.

9) Looks like a Cistus to me too.
10) Are these two separate shrubs?

Yes they're separate. Actually there's a third taller plant behind
too. If you can be bothered and you have broadband, click on the
underlined O (next to SML) to get the very big size and you'll get a
better view.

The leaves on the left look different
from the right hand side. I thought the right might be some sort of
Rhododendron or maybe a Pieris.

In the large pic you can see the remains of old stems from last year on
the left hand plant, so it could well be Valerian as Philippe suggests.

--
Sue