Old 18-04-2006, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Garden Banter and email addresses

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"David W.E. Roberts" writes:

| So I am puzzled - unless the person in question is an Internet sleuth

and
| has cross referenced me with some other source of information.

Well, Google alone gets a plausible Email (two, actually, but I assume
the South Park one is you).

Nick,

I was found by Google - I hadn't realised just how much of my online
traffic
was visible this way.

I have quickly found three of my 'real' email addresses.

The South Park one is defunct - I dropped quite a few addresses when
Talk21
became no longer free.

One other is spammed to death anyway and is one I generally use if I think
there is a risk of the address being exposed.

The third address is one I didn't think I had exposed to the Internet.

Ho hum.

My normal return address is ' which is (or at least was)
specifically maintained by Talk21 as a valid email sink.

I may now have to Google all my email addresses to see which ones are
visible.

This is worrying, my email address does not appear in the heading as to
often in the past it has been used to generate spam emails, if there is a
method of finding email addresses when we all try to stop junk mail, is
there any point in doing that.

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net