Old 18-04-2006, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default Homebase Ripoff?

Scotia wrote:
Saxman Wrote:
I took a packet of Suttons Beefsteak tomato seed to a Homebase checkout
today. The staff member requested £3.25 for payment! I protested and
queried it, only to be told that it was correct.

I refused to pay and purchased a packet of Suttons Marmande beefsteak
tomato seed for £1.29 in a Wyevale nursery about mile down the road.

I think Homebase is becoming too expensive now.

I agree!!!

I buy most of my seed 'mail order'

OK! the one I use requires a membership payment of £1-50 pa but the
seeds are quite often 30-50% cheaper than their competitors so overall
it works out much cheaper.

Any chance of posting details of your supplier please Scotia?

--
Please do not reply to this Email address,
as all Emails are deleted before opened.