Old 18-04-2006, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Need help identifying plants please

"K" wrote in message
Philippe Gautier writes
Sue wrote:
"androo" wrote

Some will be a lot easier to id once they have flowers.

Some easy ones to start -
1) grape hyacinth Muscari 2) Aquilegia 3) possibly the young shoots
of Sedum spectabile 8) Bergenia 9) could be a cistus type thing -
big shrubby rock rose 11) possibly Buddleia alternifolia, the one
with small purple flowers scattered the whole length of the stem.

Thanks Kay!
6) Could be Sarcococca. Has it got any little black berries on it at
the
mo? It's hard to tell from the picture.
9) Looks like a Cistus to me too.
10) Are these two separate shrubs? The leaves on the left look different
from the right hand side. I thought the right might be some sort of
Rhododendron or maybe a Pieris.

I agree with Pieris for the one on the right. What about Centranthus ruber
(Red Valerian) for the one on the left?

Could be if the leaves are soft. But not if they're leathery. But isn't it
far too early to have that much growth on Centranthus?

What's that underneath the bushes - possibly Corydalis?
--
Kay

If we are on picture 10 then the plant underneath looks a bit like a
geranium.
Looks a bit bold for Corydalis-mine are fairly feathery (blue and white).
Any road--It certainly looks an interesting garden.