Old 18-04-2006, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Need help identifying plants please

"K" wrote in message
Rupert writes

"K" wrote in message
Rupert writes

"K" wrote in message
.. .

What's that underneath the bushes - possibly Corydalis?

If we are on picture 10 then the plant underneath looks a bit like a
geranium.

It does on the standard sized picture, but if you double click on the 0
of
10, you get a giant sized picture, and that shows clearly the leaves to
be
dissected into separate leaflets, ie not like a geranium at all ;-)

Looks a bit bold for Corydalis-mine are fairly feathery (blue and
white).

Yeah ... but I couldn't think what else it could be.
That's why I asked the question, even though it wasn't one of the plants
asked about.

--
Kay

It's a poppy

Is it? Which one?

(I've never really looked at their leaves - the yellow ones and the big
red perennial ones are the only ones that grow with me)

--
Kay

The leaves look like the small yellow ones that grow like weeds (with a
really deep root) ? Perhaps they are not as serrated as the yellow ones.
Is that a bud right in the bottom middle of the picture-looks a bit like a
poppy flower bud.
If it's not the yellow one then it's the very rare one that only I have ever
seen:-)