Old 18-04-2006, 09:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Default Two Koi-Lo's on rec.ponds

Kelly wrote:
"Altum" wrote in message

As for ****ing people off, there is no way to discuss religion and not
**** someone off somewhere.

Going into a religion NG and telling people there is no God and their
religion is bullshit is not a discussion, it is rude, insulting and
inflammatory.

When you go around being rude, insulting and inflammatory to people, for any
reason, (and she has behaved this way all over Usenet)don't cry innocence
like Koi-lo does. She is DIRECTLY responsible for the baggage she drags from
NG to NG.

I always try to abide by the "never discuss politics or religion" with
friends.....however, IMHO the whole point of newsgroups is to discuss
these things - especially when it comes down to groups specifically set
up for the discussion of religion and politics (and yes even in ponds
our opinions will vary and we will flame one another)...it would be a
very tame and boring newsgroup if one of you posted something and twenty
others posted "I agree". It isn't insulting, rude or inflammatory - it
is called debate...remember that? Surely if someone comes onto your
newsgroup to offer a different opinion it is for you and the other
members to debate this - not take offence....you never know you might
even get a convert by good, reasoned discussion....

The bottom line, is whatever Koi-Lo does with respect to discussing her
beliefs it does not belong, nor should it be dragged over to a pond
newsgroup....it is not baggage....it is strongly held beliefs being
opposed by others holding equally strong beliefs...so what? Isn't that,
as I said before, what your newsgroups are about....debate....and the
dragging over to other newsgroups applies to others....you all make good
points on the groups where you belong - one thing for sure, is you don't
belong on rec.ponds.

As for the crusades...what about the religious wars we have right
now???? No don't answer that...this is a pond group - Got any fish
Kelly, Jabbers etc???? I know Roy and Carol do - and therefore when
posting on topic are most welcome members....

Gill