Old 18-04-2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
Altum

Default Two Koi-Lo's on rec.ponds

Kelly wrote:
"Gill Passman" wrote in message ? Surely
if someone comes onto your
newsgroup to offer a different opinion it is for you and the other members
to debate this - not take offence

o.k. then, what if I come here and say ponds suck and only assholes have
ponds.
Would that be a prelude to a discussion or an inflammatory remark?
same difference

This happens all the time. Most folks would ignore the post. Some
people would flame you for the sheer fun of it. Others would accuse you
of trolling. Still others would try to change your mind. Sometimes
interesting on-topic discussions ensue from even clear troll posts. If
you kept posting that ponds suck over and over, we would killfile you.

If you kept shifting your name and email so that we couldn't killfile
you, we would check your headers, contact your ISP en masse, and get
your account pulled. Reputable ISPs still block Usenet to abusive
users. Back in the old Usenet days, we would have crashed your mail
server too, just to be sure your account got pulled.

After that happened, you might get a clue that you had done something
wrong. However, if you were really crazy, you would go to Google groups
or to anonymous remailers and start posting under a bunch of different
names... Is this starting to sound familiar? Who here has to post
through Google Groups?

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com