Old 18-04-2006, 09:57 PM posted to austin.gardening
marcesent

Default fast-growing Thuja "Green Giant" trees?

Don't plant bamboo unless you want to fight it back for the rest of your
days - or until you move.

As the saying goes: "You can never kill bamboo. All you can do is hunt
down the man who planted it and kill him."

And even be careful of "non-spreading" bamboo....some of it still spreads
here due to our mild winters.

Julie

"B F Smith" wrote in message
oups.com...
Clint.... Have you thought about bamboo? If you start and care for it
for a while it can grow and screen alot out. I have used it to almost '
jungle-ize' my place. I'm a bit So. of Austin.
BF Smith