Old 18-04-2006, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

Default Garden Banter and email addresses

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

This is worrying, my email address

Well *an* email address that appears to be yours does.

does not appear in the heading as to
often in the past it has been used to generate spam emails, if there is a
method of finding email addresses when we all try to stop junk mail, is
there any point in doing that.

Yes, because spam email addresses are collected by computers, hence they
use easy targets such as newsgroups, forums (though mostly they are
hidden nowadays), addresses that people put on web pages etc. It doesn't
mean that all email addresses are easily searched for on the web. I've
just tried, and only a few of our addresses show up on Google, and all
of those are expected.

To be able to Google up an email addresses it must have got onto a web
page first

--
Chris French