Old 19-04-2006, 06:38 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Phred

Default Why blue light affects vegetation growth.

In article .com, "misswizz" wrote:
Hey
Okay maybe if I explain how I did my project then you will know what
sort of an answer i am looking for.

I got three plastic cups filled it up with soil and planted 10 radish
seedlings in each of them. On the first cup I covered it with blue
plastic, on the second cup I covered it with red plastic and on the
third cup I didnt cover it with anything because I wanted to test that
on normal sunlight. I did not use any different coloured light bulbs.I
set my project outside under the sun. I tested the radish seedlings out
over a three week period in the end I discovered that the blue plastic
covered cup the plant grew best in.
My teacher wants to know why that is she wants to know the scientific
idea behind my experiment... i told her, from my research that blue
light helps vegetables grow fastest...then she asks why, i tell her
that it has more of an effect on the plant than red light or norml
sunlight, because red light is better for flowering plants. she still
goes and asks me why...

So really the question that I want to ask you is why did the blue
covered cup help my plant grow at a faster rate.

More fertiliser?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID