Old 19-04-2006, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Best type of pots for patio?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't like plastic pots either. Even though terra cotta pots are
porous, I think they look so much nicer and more natural. One of the
things I do, is to buy the matching terra cotta saucers for my pots.
This allows for a little water reservoir at the bottom. . .But you
probably already realize that!

Sacramento gets quite hot on some days in the summer. . .but for the
most part, the terra cotta pots have worked just fine.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

They work for you because they happen to be large enough to work with your
plants, the soil you're using in them, and the length of time during which
you can't be there to tend to them. This is why telling new gardeners
anything really specific isn't really possible. Just "go bigger". :-)