Old 19-04-2006, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Cat Poo

"JANCAN" wrote in message

Hello out there. I am very new to all this so I hope someone can help
me. My cat keeps pooing and weeing on my lawn. Any ideas to stop him
doing it?

Some stuff I used on my lawn to deter the cats (until I built a raised
garden they then went and used) was camphor scented saw dust. You can buy it
here (new zealand) and I imagine it is something you can get in Britain from
a hardware store or a supermarket. From memory it cost me $8-9 for a 300g
approx tin. It was quite pricey for what it was but seemed to work. I saw no
ill effect on sminal or plant life. Every month or so it needed to be
renewed and more often furing rainy seasons. Some people get a little
excited about camphor (same thing as mothballs) and toddlers. Note thtis is
not mothballs but scented sawdust although you need to be the judge on
safety if you have little children. Alternately, you may be able to buy
camphor oil (wouldn't know eher though) and scent your own sawdust.

rob