Old 19-04-2006, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default ornamental tree for small garden

KK wrote:
help please

I have just cut down & dug out an old ugly tree in the corner of my garden,
and I want to replace it with something more colourful & attractive. My
garden is small (about 10m square).

All advice warmly welomed

If it's not a windy spot, you could look at an Acer. Or a half
standard Kilmarnock Willow would be pretty, as would a Wisteria, grown
as a standard with the support of a stout pole. The Wisteria would
eventually grow outwards and downwards, so that its branches touch the
ground. This look spectacular when in flower - rather like a woman in
a gorgeous ballgown! Some Magnolias would be a possibility, too.
Look at some of the Magnolias
hehttp://www.dungevalley.co.uk/trees%2...rubs%20m-o.htm
They don't do mail order but you'll get some ideas.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk