Old 19-04-2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default easter lily indoors

I am a beginning gardener. Got an easter lily as a gift last year,
repotted the bulb, and now a year later leaves are shooting up. It's
about 9 inches tall, looks like the top of a pineapple. Some asexual
bulb development occurring near the base.

All of this occurred indoors. The pot and the plant have never been
outdoors.I cannot plant outdoors - I live in an apartment.

I recently learned about vernalization and realized that since I never
refrigerated this plant, it might never bloom. I'm in Texas - so the
plant gets plenty of light and my house temperature varies from 65 to
80 degrees depending on whether I turn on the air conditioning or not.
Even in the dead of winter, it's never lower than 65 in here.

Question - now that I've got this "pineapple top" plant...what can I do
to make it flower?