Old 19-04-2006, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Voege

Default Best type of pots for patio?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know it's silly but my wife keeps buying plastic pots for outside and
they do not drain. I have to drill holes in them to keep plants from
drowning
Frank

I know what you mean. Whoever designs those things should be severely
punished. Matter of fact, so should the knuckleheads who decide to stock
them in their stores. I can understand Home Despot being clueless, but not
real garden centers, and I see those pots there, too.

Perhaps such pots should be considered as being intended for indoor use
where the amount of water they get can be strictly controlled. It's a bit
trickier than using pots with drainage holes and saucers but it certainly
can be done.

Jim