Old 19-04-2006, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Barb

Default House plants outside during holiday ??

I have lots of plants around my house - I haven't the faintest idea what
most of them are! - including a 3ft palm-tree thing - all of which are doing
very well. I'm obviously "good" with houseplants.

However, I'm going away for nearly four weeks in June and no longer have
someone I can ask to pop in and water them once/twice a week.

Some of them have been with me for a while, and I'm quite attached to them -
is it feasible to put them outside for the duration? On the basis that the
outside temperature is in the teens during June?

Presumably I should put them where they are shaded from direct sun, but get
the rain, and perhaps in standing water so they don't dry out.

Any comments greatfully accepted.

Thanks

Barb