Old 19-04-2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Stupid question from a newbie

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I don't know the answer (I don't
even know if it matters). I'm creating my first flower garden and
intend on using mulch, but I don't know in which order I should do
things. I am assuming I would plant first, water, then mulch...right?
I am using seeds as well as partially grown plants. Do I wait for the
seedlings to sprout a little before adding the mulch or will they just
grow through the mulch as they sprout?

I know I'll learn a lot through trial and error, but I'd like to start
off on the right foot at least

Thanks for any help!