Old 19-04-2006, 10:48 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareeeİ

Default Underwater light (update)

"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message
Snooze wrote:
Just please make sure you're using a GFIC outlet near the pond, don't
want to have to sit by the big pond in the sky too early.

This is a must and the building codes here require a GFIC outlet whenever
it is close to a water source or outdoors.

SPEAKING of which... the GFCI's in my manufactured Clayton home have fuses
that are too low for outdoor electric tools, like my leaf blower, and my
pressure washer.

Can I just replace those with higher wattage ones, like some of the other
fuses in my home? (The laundry rooms fuse is MUCH higher, and is where we
plug the outdoor tools into when we use them, bu tit would be MUCH easier to
just use the outdoor plugs.)

Plus, I'd like to beef up the Christmas lights next year, or add a bigger
pump for the pond, and I'd need to increase the GFCI's power for that.

The breaker box looks pretty "plug n play".. turn the main power off,
replace the breaker with a higher volt/watt one, and then turn the master
breaker back on.

Kinda stupid to have an electrician do it if its something that simple.

--
Gareeeİ
(Gary Tabar Jr.)