Old 19-04-2006, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

Default Sowing in the Greenhouse

In message , NathalieM
writes

Could someone tell me if there's a danger of 'damping off' if i was to
start sowing my veg seeds in my unheated greenhouse in the evenings
(after work)? I live in the South of Eng - temp dips to 7c at night.

The time of sowing hasn't got anything to do with damping off - this
refers to young seedling which keel over once they start growing.

But do ventilate the GH when you can.

I could wait for the weekend - but it's a new greenhouse and i've itchy
fingers!

We have a lovely lean to Victorian conservatory on our current house, we
are using this to germinate all our seeds and grow them on a bit before
moving thme out to the GH. It is so convenient to just pop in there at
any time.

--
Chris French