Old 20-04-2006, 03:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

Default Furnace Failure...UGH!

Someone in our society has a system like this. They live just over the
border in South Carolina. I think they have more like 50 barrels under the
benches in a pretty big greenhouse. They have black painted pipes running
across the roof (but not nearly enough to provide any shade for the plants)
and a pump to circulate water through the system. It seems to work. I need
to get them to write an article for the newsletter sometime.
-danny

"jtill" wrote in message
ups.com...
We don't have heater needs in Houston but I have been following this
thread. Do you guys use any Solar Panels combined with water storage? I
use 35 Gal. drums for bench supports (since I have plenty of them).
Panels can be made with plastic pipe, a small pump and half a dozen
drums and you could save some bucks on heating. The pipe panels could
serve as shade cloth at 50% blocking. Just a thought.
Joe T
Houston