Old 20-04-2006, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JB

Default micro-irrigation systems

On 18 Apr 2006 10:30:47 -0700, "Taz" wrote:

I've found a cheap drip-watering system that could potentially take
care of my raised beds. Has anyone got any experiences of these
systems - I find it difficult to believe that a constant drip drip drip
could satisfy the plants, especially during the summer.

The drip drip drip will satisfy the plants (an hour of drips addss up
to quite a lot) but the problem I found is that they are very
tempermental. They require quite a bit of fiddling to get the right
time set for the watering and then even more fiddling to make sure
that each drip head is releasing water at a sensible rate. I found the
main problem was that some drip heads would block and release nothing
while others flooded.