Old 20-04-2006, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k.

Default nettles in strawberry beds

The Invalid wrote:
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:29:13 +0100, Judith Lea
wrote:

Nettles abound in the strawberry beds - too huge an area to deal
with by hand - is there a weed killer that I can use without harming
the strawberry plants?

I've found that ordinary pee seems to sort them out.
We used to have a very large patch at the bottom of our garden and
late at night I would wander down and pee on them. They were dead
within a week or two.

The thought of wandering down in the dark and discovering that they had
grown taller than anticipated springs to mind!

pk