Old 20-04-2006, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default hardening off

Gardening_Convert wrote:
I have started to harden off my seedlings with the intention of
planting them this weekend.

I don't have access to a cold frame some I've just put them outside
near the conservatory on the deck.

As I work during the day I put them out this morning and will bring
them in when I get home.

Is this a safe way of doing it ?

As long as they're in a sheltered spot.

Will several days of doing this be sufficient to allow me to plant them
out this weekend ?

Too early, IMO. Here in the SW of UK we're encouraging customers to
wait until first or second week in May. Where do you live? If you
include location in your signature, it makes it easier for people to
advise you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk