Old 21-04-2006, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Compotting a flask

They're likely goners, in my experience. I usually pot 'em up, but don't
expect them to grow.

Sterility is lost once you open the flask.

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know that I know this but..

When you get a flask and some of the seedlings still haven't developed
roots how do you compot them? I was potting out a flask yesterday and
acouple of clumps of seedlings were anchored togather with what looked
to be seed hulls (brown and kinda lumpy) and hadn't developped roots.

Do you toss them or do you put them in the compot and wait for roots to
develop?

and is sterial technique very important in compotting?

Jack