Old 20-04-2006, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

Default micro-irrigation systems

In message , JB
writes
On 18 Apr 2006 10:30:47 -0700, "Taz" wrote:

I've found a cheap drip-watering system that could potentially take
care of my raised beds. Has anyone got any experiences of these
systems - I find it difficult to believe that a constant drip drip drip
could satisfy the plants, especially during the summer.

The drip drip drip will satisfy the plants (an hour of drips addss up
to quite a lot) but the problem I found is that they are very
tempermental. They require quite a bit of fiddling to get the right
time set for the watering and then even more fiddling to make sure
that each drip head is releasing water at a sensible rate. I found the
main problem was that some drip heads would block and release nothing
while others flooded.

I found that the Tropf Blumat system works much better than the standard
dripper systems, bits are more expensive, but no timers needed, and no
wasted water.

Not common in this country. Two Wests are the only ones who sell it that
I have come across.

http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSi...gory.asp?ctgry
=WATER_TROPF
http://www.blumat.at/Weninger_engl/seiten_engl/frameset1_engl.html