Old 21-04-2006, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k.

Default Mowing estimate needed

Mike wrote:

"Shokka" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All

Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how much a
gardener/handyman would charge for mowing a couple of small lawns
(Maybe 20'x20' each) and weeding a couple of 15' borders?

I can't get a sensible answer from anyone and I need to formulate a
rough budget.

Shokk

Time yourself doing it as you would wish to have it done, then
multiply by £10.00 per hour. Then is that by the
week/day/fortnight/month?? Are you supplying the mower? or is your
contractor?

Depends where the op is.

Decent contractors in SW london are £18-20 per hour.

Best advice is to get a couple along, specify the job & ask for estimate
hourly rate alone is not enough.
3 hrs & £10 = £30
1.5 hrs & 18 = £24

Also, "one off" rate will always be higher than "regular"

pk