Old 21-04-2006, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default nettles in strawberry beds

In article , Brian Watson
writes
I'm genuinely surprised that you think there might be.

Come back in fifty years or so.

I have just spoken to my husband; who is in France, and he has purchased
a weedkiller for broad-leaved weeds in strawberry beds and for beetroot
only. I mentioned all of your comments and he quite agrees that, in
principle, it should kill the leaves on the strawberries - however, he
says the details are quite rigid as to at what stage it can be used on
the strawberries but it can be used at all times on beetroot!!

He will be arriving home this weekend and I will post Monday with the
name of it and the chemical component.

Thanks to all who gave helpful advice.

--
Judith Lea