Old 21-04-2006, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Flaming ivy

In article ,
"Mike Lyle" writes:

| Do tell us how you get on: it's a topic which comes up quite often.
| Meanwhile, I'll buy you a beer if the flame gun, used as you describe,
| does the job -- I'll be surprised if it does the slightest good, even if
| you attack the leaves. For my money, digging's the answer: you'll
| probably be able to pull out a lot of it first, which will make the
| digging a bit easier.
|
| Some like flame guns for weeding, but I've never had any luck with one.

I believe that the possession of an effective one will get you life in
Belmarsh, without putting you through the hassle of a trial.

As ivy is shallow rooted, a grub axe is very effective. 40'x40' will
take a while, but not as long as all that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.